The Electoral Commission (EC-SL) requires qualified and experienced ward coordinator for the Voter Registration.Apply Now
- Must have at least Higher Teacher’s Certificate (H.T.C.) or Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution.
- Interpersonal skills, integrity and ability to adapt to situations,
- Experience in election related activities and INEACE certificate is added
- Must be computer literate
In addition, all candidates under consideration should:
- be citizens of Sierra Leone;
- be registered voters
- speak local languages, where
- Should be above 18 years
Under the supervision of the District Electoral Manager (DEM), the Ward Coordinator:
- Monitors the smooth conduct of the Voter Registration exercise in his/her Ward;
- Trains the Registration Centre staff under his/her purview in the Ward;
- Collects Registration kits, materials and forms from the District Electoral Manager for further distribution to the VR centres before commencement of registration;
- Visits registration centres frequently to attend to issues and ensure correct registration procedures are followed;
- Ensures quality control on the effective use of the Registration machines;
- Downloads and exports data to District HQ.
- coordinates at the end of the registration, collection of VR equipment, used and unused forms and other VR materials from the registration centres,
- Should be able to work under pressure and tight schedules;
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the District Elections Manager (DEM)
- Ability to deal with people from different background.
- Ability and patience to teach and train both professionals and non-technical
- Ability to work well under pressure, resolve conflicts, and balance trade-offs.
- Ability to work in a team
- Interpersonal skills, integrity and ability to adapt to situations;
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All positions in the Commission are advertised on an equal opportunity
- Women and Persons with Disabilities that have the requisite qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.
- All applicants will be required to take a test and attend interview when shortlisted.
All applications should be deposited at the Electoral Commission Offices in the district where the applicants wish to work. For an example, applicants wishing to work in the western urban District should address their applications to:
The District Electoral Manager (DEM),
15 Industrial Estate