IT Focal Person
The Electoral Commission (EC-SL) requires qualified and experienced I.T Focal Persons in the 16 Electoral Districts (2 per electoral district) to serve as IT support staff and Focal Persons for the Voter Registration.Apply Now
-Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology related field or equivalent or Diploma in I.T
- Certifications in A+, N+, CCNA
- Knowledge and some practical experience in Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft products such as MS SQL
Server is an added advantage
- Have good knowledge of the district you wish to be deployed;
- Experience in election – related activities and INEACE certificate will be added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide installation and maintenance support for all Biometric Voter Identification equipment for voter registration update in the district. Specifically:
- Configure and deploy new workstations, laptops and peripheral
- Liaise with Data Management Officers on all Technical related
- Report all Technical related issues to Data Management through the District Electoral Managers
- Coordinate the transfer of V.I. Kits to the District Office
- Any other related duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time.
- Ability to deal with people from different background.
- Ability and patience to teach and train both professionals and non-technical
- Ability to work well under pressure, resolve conflicts, and balance trade-offs.
- Ability to work in a team
- Interpersonal skills, integrity and ability to adapt to situations;
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All positions in the Commission are advertised on an equal opportunity
- Women and Persons with Disabilities that have the requisite qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.All applicants will be required to take a test and attend interview when shortlisted.
All applications should be deposited at the Electoral Commission Offices in the district where the applicants wish to work. For an example, applicants wishing to work in the western urban District should address their applications to:
The District Electoral Manager (DEM)
15 Industrial Estate